About the Board
The primary mission of the Finney Library Board is to be vocal and energetic advocates for the essential services that the Finney Public Library provides to our community and to give sound and timely advice and counsel to the Library Director and LS&S on the development of plans, policies and programs that are responsive to community needs and desires. The six members of the Board are appointed by the County Commissioner. The Board elects a President, Vice-president, Treasurer, and Secretary annually.
Areas of Focus
- Reviewing and approving policies and fees recommended by library staff.
- Recommending long-range plans regarding facilities, staff, and programs.
- Evaluating community desires and needs for library services.
- Reviewing customer concerns and suggestions.
- Generating public support and participation in library programs.
- Determining expenditures of library trust funds.
The board meets on the third Monday of the month at 5:00 p.m.
Chairperson – Christine Lightner
Secretary – Claudia Ward
Treasurer – Tom Klaussen
Ex-Officio Member – Dave Jones
Member – Robert Scrivner
Member – Marsha Wright
Board Meeting Minutes