Log-in with your Kansas Library Card
Reading just became EZ-ier
For those who love the convenience of downloading ebooks and audiobooks to their personal electronic devices, the opportunity to sign on with two new vendors is underway.
The State Library of Kansas and the Finney County Public Library are pleased to announce the Kansas EZ Library of digital books available to all Kansas library users.
Books can be accessed at this site http://kslib.info/128/Digital-Book-eLending Users must have a Kansas Library card that can be requested at the Finney County Public Library.
Regular users of the download service will find the new interface with OneClickDigital much simpler and faster to use. Video and written tutorials are available at http://www.kslib.info/digitalbooks to assist individuals in using the new service.
In addition, the State Library offers an ebook solution through 3M Cloud Library. Information and links to this service can be found on the EZ Library site at http://ebook.3m.com/library/kansas/. The Kansas EZ library page also features other free audiobook and ebook resources available to Kansas readers.
Free Sites With Free E-Books Available for Download
- 4,600 Public Domain Books – These are free Kindle books available directly from Amazon.com
- Alex Catalogue of Electronic Texts – This is a collection of public domain and open access documents with a focus on American and English literature as well as Western philosophy.
- American Mathematical Society E-books
- Baen.com – free and very inexpensive SciFi books for your Kindle.
- Bartleby.com – The Harvard Classics are among many free texts offered online at this award-winning site. There are also many classic reference works available here.
- The Best Sites for Free Kindle e-Books
- Bibliomania.com – This site has over 2,000 free classics. It also has reference books, biographies, and research works. You can read online in your browser.
- Bookboon.com – Bookboon provides online textbooks for students, as well as travel guides for everyone, in PDF format. They can be downloaded without registration.
- Bookshelf – The National Library of Medicine’s growing collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly.
- BookYards.com – BookYards has over 17,000 free ebooks. Their goal is to be the “Library Of The World”. They also provide access to hundreds of online libraries totaling over 800,000 books.
- California Free Digital Textbook Initiative – FlexBooks for youth ages K-12th grade
- Classic Reader – Search this online library of thousands of free books by authors such as Dickens, Austen, Shakespeare and many others.
- Combined Arms Research Library Digital Library – Military documents, photographs, and books.
- Connexions – A place to view and share educational material made of small knowledge chunks called modules that can be organized as courses, books, reports, etc. Anyone may view or contribute.
- Ebook Exchange – These are the lendme borrowing books.
- eBookLobby – These free ebooks are divided into different categories ranging from business, art, computing and education.
- eBooks @ Adelaide – University of Adelaide Classic Works of Literature, philosophy, science, history, exploration and travel.
- e-library.net – E-Library as a section dedicated to free ebooks.
- FeedBooks – A digital library for both public domain and original books. Browsing friendly.
- Fictionwise – over 15,000 ebooks in Kindle format as of December 2007, so there’s probably even more now.
- Free Books for your Kindle
- Free Books Online: 60+ Places to Find and Use Audio and Ebooks – A list of free fiction and non-fiction eBook sites.
- FreeBookSpot – 4500 free ebooks in 100 categories.
- Free-eBooks.net – Another online source for free ebooks. You can also submit your own free ebook here.
- FreeKindleBooks.org – 1000’s of Free Classic E-books in Kindle-compatible MOBI and PRC formats.
- Freetechbooks.com – Great site for free tech books such as computer science, engineering, programming, textbooks and lecture notes.
- FullBooks.com – Offers thousands of books that can be read online for free.
- GirlE-Books – E-Books by female authors.
- Globusz – Unique in that it offers authors a place to publish their work in open content.
- Google Books – Search inside full-text online books. Find entire e-books available for free or read snippets of books for purchase.
- Harvard University Open Collections Program
- Illinois Harvest – A free public gateway combining search, aggregation, and discovery services.
- International Children’s Digital Library – Free books for kids
- Internet Archive’s Ebook and Texts Archive
- Jungle-search.com – This is updated twice daily with free books for your Kindle.
- Kindle E-Books
- The Kreitzberg Library at Norwich University
- Lendle – Lend and borrow Kindle books
- Literature Network – Many literary classics including 1,900 full books, over 3,000 short stories and poems by over 250 authors.
- Manybooks.net – Many books is a digital library that takes e-books from Project Gutenberg, the Internet Archive, and other free sources and converts them to file formats suitable for e-readers, including Kindle. Browsing friendly.
- Online Books Page at the University of Pennsylvania – A portal connecting to over 900,000 free books on the Web, in many formats.
- Online Library of Liberty – The Library is where electronic versions of classic books about individual liberty are stored. These texts go back some 4,000 years and cover the disciplines of economics, history, law, literature, philosophy, political theory, and religion.
- Open Textbook Catalog FROM StudentPIRGs – This catalog provides information about some of the top examples of open textbooks, which are college texts offered online under a license that allows free digital access, low-cost print options and customization by instructors.
- Orange Grove – Open Textbooks from University Press of Florida.
- Perseus Digital Library – Tufts University digital library.
- Project Gutenberg – A volunteer effort to digitize and archive cultural works and to encourage the creation and distribution of e-Books. Contains over 100,000 literary works which are in the public domain.
- Sony Reader Store – Free e-Books from the Sony store.